We are happy that you are interested to apply for a job at Hunkemöller International B.V. In this Privacy Statement we explain to you what personal data we may process of you when you apply for a job with us via hunkemoller.com or otherwise, and how we protect your privacy. Hunkemöller International B.V. is the data controller within the meaning of the applicable data protection law.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
1.1 When you apply for a job with us, we may process the following personal data of you if you provided this to us: your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, your bank account number, an administration number, nationality and place of birth, data with regard to your education, courses and internships followed, data with regard to the job applied for, data with regard to your current job as well as its termination, data with regard to your previous jobs as well as to their terminations, data regarding your video interview after you have been selected therefore, other data relevant in view of the performance of the job, and data which are necessary to fulfil our legal obligations. We may also retrieve personal information about you via an internet search, such as a check of your LinkedIn profile.
1.2 We will process your personal data only for the following purposes: in order to assess whether you are suitable for a job within Hunkemöller; the settlement of expenses which you may have incurred during the application procedure; to safeguard company security; to perform an internal audit; in the context of dispute resolution; and for the fulfilment of our legal obligations.
2. VIDEO INTERVIEW
2.1 During the selection procedure, we may ask you to participate in a video interview. The recording and viewing of the video interview, means that personal data of you will be processed.
2.2 For the video interview, we have engaged the services of a specialized service provider, being HireVue, Inc., located in the USA (HireVue). HireVue primarily processes your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, for which we have a data processing agreement in place.
2.4 We aim to process no special categories of personal data about you. Examples of special personal data are data on your health, race or religion. We kindly request that you do not provide such data to us. In relation to the video interview, providing such information may be inevitable, because your skin color will be visible, and your religion or physical disability may follow from you appearance. We therefore only use a video interview with your explicit consent (see "On what ground are my personal data processed?", below). Privacy statement for applicants.
3. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
3.1 In addition to authorized personnel of Hunkemöller and HireVue, the following other parties may also have access to your personal data in the context of your application procedure:
- Other service providers. For instance the hosting provider for our website or other third parties that offer services that may be integrated in the recruitment and selection procedure.
- Merger or acquisition. If Hunkemöller is the subject of a merger or acquisition, your personal data will be made available to the relevant acquiring or merging party, for as far necessary.
- Public authorities. If required by law, a judicial decision, or other decisions of a competent public authority, we will share your personal data in line with such obligation, for as far necessary.
3.2 With each service provider, acting as a data processor, we have a data processing agreement in place.
4. ON WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED?
We may process your personal data on various grounds:
- Legitimate interest. In principle, the processing of your personal data for our recruitment and selection procedure, is based on our legitimate interest and/or that of other involved parties, such as HireVue. Processing on this ground may only take place if our interest (or that of another party) is not overridden by your privacy interest. If such is the case, we need to rely on another ground.
- Your consent. Under circumstances, we may only process your personal data if you have provided us your free, specific and informed consent. We use this ground for the processing of your personal data for the video interview. Since this video may contain special categories of your personal data, we request your explicit consent, which requires you to actively indicate that you consent. If you withhold or withdraw your consent, we may request other information from you, e.g. via a live interview, to substitute the video interview. You may withhold or withdraw your consent per email ([email protected]) at any time without detriment to the assessment of your application. In such case, we will erase the recordings of your personal data to which you consented without undue delay.
- Legal obligation, vital interest. In exceptional cases, we may also process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect the vital interest of a natural person.
5. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In order to safeguard your personal data properly, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures. We do this, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing for the selection procedure, as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons such as yourself.
6. DO YOUR PERSONAL DATA LEAVE THE EEA?
Your personal data that we process for our recruitment and selection procedure, will not be transferred to a jurisdiction outside the EEA.
7. HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE RETAINED?
If you, unfortunately, do not get selected, we will retain your personal data up to maximum 4 weeks after the selection procedure has been terminated, unless you agree that we may extend this term to one year. If you do get selected, we will retain the personal data relevant for your position up to two years after termination of your employment and/or work activities. In spite of the foregoing, we may retain your personal data for a longer period to comply with an applicable minimum statutory retention period.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may request if and in what manner we process personal data about you (right to access). If it appears that the personal data we process about you contain a mistake - such as the misspelling of your name - you may request that we correct such mistake (the right to correction). Under circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. In such cases, we will re-assess whether we deem such processing by us legitimate or not. You may exercise your rights via the contact details mentioned below. In principle, we will reply within 4 weeks after we received your request.
If you wish to contact us about the processing of your personal data for our selection procedure, you may reach us per email via: [email protected]. Anybody who believes that his/her personal data are being processed in violation of the applicable law, may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Never miss a vacancy!
Cookies are used for the proper functioning of this website. Cookies are small (temporary) text files that are stored by your browser. For example, we use functional cookies to remember your settings and analytical cookies to analyze and improve the use of the website anonymously.